Oh, friends. This salad. It’s what Billy refers to as my “showstopper salad.” I can’t say I disagree!
The combination of the peppery arugula, the salty salami, the sweetness of the peach, and the tartness of the lemon is a flavor explosion. Gourmet, yet simple. Just the way I like it.
When I first was developing this recipe, I didn’t put any peach in it. It was still absolutely delicious, but the peach undoubtedly takes this salad to the next level. Most certainly, you can substitute with whatever fruit is in season. I imagine this salad would be scrumptious with pear!
Furthermore, it’s safe to say this peachy salad tastes just like summertime!
Peachy Arugula Salad Recipe
- Genoa Salami, Sliced
- 1 15 oz. Can of Northern Beans
- 1 Peach, Sliced. (White or Yellow)
- Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Raspberry Blush Vinegar
- Start with desired amount of arugula in a bowl.
- Layer on salami, northern beans, croutons, and peach.
- Season with pepper. (Add salt if you are not using salami.)
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad.
- Drizzle with EVOO and vinegar.
It’s no secret I love my fruits and veggies. But if I had to choose between the two, I’d hands down pick fruit. I’m obsessed. Even as a little girl, I would turn down a cupcake for a handful of grapes. That is true love, my friend.
I love finding new ways to enjoy my favorite fruits. Since peaches are in season in the summer, I’ve been buying them a lot lately.
The other night, I decided to pull out my little George Foreman grill (#apartmentliving) and grill up some peaches. Then, I topped them with some ice cream. It was delicious. However, the next time I made it, I took it to the next level by marinating the peaches in some dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Um WOW. So good. Billy literally said, “This the best dessert I’ve had in a long time!”
What’s funny is, this recipe is so easy. Like, it’s such a fake out. It’s all like, “I’m so fancy.” Yet, it’s not. Gotta love it.
Because of its delicious simplicity, this is the perfect dessert to make when you have guests over. You won’t be slaving away for hours in the kitchen, and your guests will be impressed.
The warmth of the grilled, marinated peaches with the coldness of the rich ice cream, is an unbeatable combination. I guarantee you I will be making this on many summer nights to come! My new favorite little recipe has me feeling just peachy! (I had to! 😉) 🍑🍨
Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream
- 2 peaches
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- Butter pecan ice cream
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- On a plate, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Massage sugar and cinnamon mixture all over peaches.
- Place peaches flesh down and allow to marinate in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Grill the peaches. If you do not have a grill, use a grill pan or George Foreman grill.
- Once grilled, top with butter pecan or vanilla ice cream. I recommend butter pecan, because peaches and pecans are a delightful combination! Enjoy!