|Photos in this blog post are courtesy of Zulie Rego Photography.|
So I’ve got my laptop here with me in the kitchen. Billy’s baking Magnolia chocolate chip cookies and I like to watch him. Quality time is one of my love languages haha.
I wanted to share with you all the fun photo session Billy and I had in our home. It all started with Instagram. I had connected with a photographer named Zulie awhile back. Maybe like a year ago? Anyways, she reached out recently and wanted to photograph Billy and I and our dog. Well, Zulie is a very talented photographer, so that was an easy “YES.”
So the plan was to do a whimsical shoot in a local preserve, but Florida decided it wanted to rain literally non stop all day. But Zulie had the brilliant idea to do an in home session. Really chill and cozy. So that’s exactly what we did!
Zulie and her assistant, Elizabeth, came by and were the absolute sweetest. So fun and warm. They had us laughing the whole time and made us feel so at ease. And they are both insanely talented.
Our dog Lady was very much involved and wanted to be in every picture. But she’s adorable so we let her.
We made some green tea…had some ’40s music playing. A good time was had by all.
There was a particularly cool moment where they asked us to grab our Bible and read a passage out loud together. So precious.
Zulie is based in Miami, Florida. But, she is always up for traveling! So, Brides, you need to reach out to Zulie. Her work is positively stunning and professional. She is excellent at capturing authentic moments and she has a great eye. You can check out her website here and her Instagram here.
Interested in having an in home photoshoot? Here’s some food for thought:
- Dress comfortably. You want your photos to look cozy and true to your daily life.
- Make your favorite beverage or snack. Try to emulate activities you do in your home.
- Open all your window coverings to let in as much natural light as possible.
- When it comes to posing, if it feels weird, it probably will look good. haha. I know that sounds backwards, but sometimes you have to tilt your head a certain way, but just trust the process.
- Have fun. This isn’t a yearbook photo. Be silly. Laugh a lot. Enjoy the moment!
Well, this was so much fun. Enjoy the pictures and check out Zulie Rego Photography if you want to book a session of your own.