About 6 months ago, Billy and I moved about an hour away from our hometown due to his job relocating. It doesn’t sound too far, but it’s far enough to change life up a little bit. It’s crazy how different this area is–we went from hustle and bustle, to cows in our neighborhood. And I honestly love it.
One of the changes that came with moving, was finding a job. A job that I enjoyed and looked forward to. I found a listing online for an online job, and it had my name written all over it.
After a couple weeks of interviews and training, I was hired by a company called Qkids! I am an online ESL teacher to children in China. Basically, I teach English to adorable kids each morning through a computer software program. It’s pretty much the happiest way to start my day!
Interested in possibly working for Qkids? Keep reading…
Why I Love It:
- I get to choose the amount of hours I want to take on. The flexibility is so nice.
- I totally work in pajama bottoms. (That’s just our little secret, okay?)
- It pays well!
- I make money from within my home. On my sofa. How legit is that?
- It is such a rewarding experience interacting with children across the globe! They make me laugh and smile. It’s so fun to learn about them and what they like, their hobbies, favorite foods. My heart melts just about every morning.
- Working from home frees up my time to do what I love: blogging and being a homemaker.
- Native fluency of English
- Live in the U.S. or Canada with strong internet connection. The upload speed should be at least 2mb/s, and the download speed should be at least 10mb/s.
- Have a degree or are currently enrolled in college
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Outgoing personality
- Digital literacy
- Availability to work at least 6 hours a week
What It’s Like:
- Each class is 30 minutes long.
- Children are 5-12 years old and you will have 1 to 6 kids per class.
- You don’t need to speak Chinese. The program uses animation, games, and virtual flash cards to help you guide the students. It’s really quite fun!
- I work every weekday morning. And then I’m done for the day! My schedule is open for all the cooking, cleaning, reading, and Netflix my little heart desires!
Does this sound like something that would suit your lifestyle? If you’re interested, please contact me via the contact page, comment below, or DM me on my Instagram! I’d be happy to give you more information and to referyou!
This is honestly the best job I’ve ever had. It has been such a blessing to work from home, have a flexible schedule, and have a home cooked meal on the table when Billy gets home! Very much so an answer to prayer. I’d love to help you if this job sounds like a good fit for you!