It’s a cloudy day here in the sunshine state, which makes for rather delightful blogging weather. With tea in hand, I’d like to share with you (finally) our bathroom update.
The master bath was the one room that had remained relatively untouched for the past two years. When we first moved in, we removed the soffit, the popcorn ceiling, and painted it white. That was it. In fact, the exposed fluorescent lights lived on. Yikes. But as with most things, owning a home is a marathon, not a sprint.
So here’s the no fluff blog post of everything we did to create a bathroom that we LOVE.
- First, we painted our laminate cabinets using a gripping primer and cream chalk mineral paint. This made a HUGE difference.
- We added antique gold brushed hardware to the drawer and cabinets. Added much needed character. They are from Amazon. We have the same ones in our kitchen and we LOVE them.
- We hired an electrician to install two new lights, a pendant light above the vanity, a ceiling fan, and an exhaust fan! My theme for this bathroom is vintage french vibes. These “Paris Market” lights from Shades of Light stole my heart. I actually designed the whole bathroom around these lights.
- We framed out the mirror using crown moulding. We simply cut them to size, spray painted them gold, and aged them using brown wax. Then, we glued them to the mirror using Gorilla Glue designed for mirrors.
- We got a bronze shower curtain rod to add some dimension.
- The wood arch above the toilet was handcrafted. We ordered it off of Etsy. We love supporting small shops and makers!
- Dried lavender and hand made pottery added some whimsy and charm.
- Vintage brass candle holders and a vintage perfume tray add some elegance and romance.
- Touches of greenery and a colorful Loloi rug brought the whole look together.
There you have it, friends! That’s what good lighting, a little paint, and intentional decorating can do! We still plan to get new sinks and faucets. But I couldn’t wait any longer to share what we’ve done so far! I hope I’ve inspired you to bring your creative dreams to fruition. You don’t have to do a complete renovation to have a home that looks exquisite!