I think the underlying hesitancy to cook is: busyness. An hour of prep. A half hour to cook. And an hour of countless dirty pots and pans. I recognize this need and the demand for easy, healthy, flavorful meals that nourish and satisfy you and your family. That’s why my new goal is to create a series of recipes that will be classified as: Dinner in 30. Healthy, unique, meal ideas that take around 30 minutes from start to finish.
This easy paella recipe is the definition of simplicity. Minimal ingredients, and only requires one pot and one pan. The use of chicken sausage keeps things simple, since chicken sausage is bought already fully cooked. All you must do is chop it and brown it. 🙌🏼
Here is this lovely recipe, that has become a weeknight staple in The Brown Abode.
Easy Paella Recipe
- 1 10 oz bag of yellow rice (with saffron)
- 3 chicken sausages, cut into small pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the bag.
- While the rice is cooking, brown the chicken sausage in a large skillet.
- Sauté the onion and pepper.
- Then add the peas and black beans.
- When rice is cooked, add to the large skillet and toss.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread.
I like to use Vigo yellow rice. It has the seasonings already in it. Saffron is a very important component of traditional paella, but it can be very expensive if you buy it on its own. It is definitely worth buying rice that already has saffron in it.