I’ve often described green tea as a “hug in a cup.” There’s something so comforting, so calming about it. Perhaps it’s the warmth, or its light flavor. I can’t get enough of it. ☕️
My love for green tea started when I was a little girl. Daily visits to my Nonna’s house included her homemade cookies and a cup of green tea. The ritual continued at home with my mom. I quickly grew accustomed to drinking typically two cups a day. Little did I know, I was forming a very healthful and beneficial habit.
Nutritionists recommend two to three cups of green tea a day because it has so many health benefits! 🌿
~To Name A Few~
- It is a great source of antioxidants. This can help reduce your risk of certain types of cancer! (Such as colon cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer)
- It’s really good for your oral health. In fact, it prevents tooth decay and reduces bad breath!
- It is known to help reduce anxiety. I can attest to that. I start my day with a cup every morning. It really helps calm me as I start my hectic work day.
- Green tea can help speed your metabolism up. Therefore, green tea can aide with weight loss. Two to three cups a day can burn approximately 100 calories.
- It reduces bad cholesterol.
- Green tea improves skin health.
The list honestly goes on. Green tea is absolutely amazing. I used to drink coffee almost every day. Now, I only drink coffee for pleasure, like on the weekends or when meeting a friend. Instead, I start my day with a cup of green tea with honey. Then, in the evening, I end my day with a cup. (And some Netflix. They go well together. 😉)
I personally do not care for the green tea that you’ll find at the grocery store. I look for specialty green teas at places like Homegoods and Marshalls. They have a lot of flavored organic green teas like raspberry green tea, mango green tea, blueberry green tea, and more. They’re hard to come by, so when you find some, stock up! They are so delightfully delicious!
This past year, I’ve fallen in love with loose leaf tea. There are so many flavor options. The flavor is so fresh. Some have dried flowers and fruit for added flavor. So much yum. You can also combine leaves to create a new flavor.
Perhaps you are now inspired to make green tea part of your daily routine! Enjoy all of its lovely benefits. I’m finishing my nightly cup right now, before I drift off to sleep. 🌙